Bill Birch Property Motunau Beach Rd Trial 27th March
Greta Valley – A few firsts happened this weekend;
- First night in our new camper! Staying at the property for the Saturday night.
- The first time we have had a trial in the Easter Weekend, and 22 riders turned up. For a holiday weekend, we were stoked at the attendance. John Philps from Timaru and Derek from Ashburton. It was a change for Dave Trewin to only have to drive 45 minutes to a trial J coming from Kaikoura. Thanks everyone who attended.
- The first time we held a trial on this property.. this meant Saturday (my birthday – thanks to everyone who gave me there condolences LOL) we were scoping and pegging sections. I could not have wished for a nicer day. Off the grid (no internet/phone), although we were not alone. We met Luke the trapper, and Harry Birch (son) with his mate who were moving stock. Bill Birch was flying overhead a few times.
- The first time both the young girls rode a full trial together. Bridgett has had a bit of a jump start on Georgina as it was Bridgetts second full trial. They both completed it, and did extremely well. Very proud of you both as it was not super easy B line! The Dads were pretty awesome too.
- First time the PUB was closed following a trial because it was Easter Sunday – this was a disaster!!
The weather was perfect, the scenery was outstanding – amazing limestone quarry, BIG rocks (can’t see them in this picture) and good uphill blasts. There is massive scope for future trials events at this property for the next section setters J
Please click on this link to see Trial Results: 1 Day Sorted Event Results
Please click on this link to see Trial Statistics: 1 Day Event Statistics
( If anyone wants their Rider Event Card then please send a request to the Pioneer Email Address)