The first Megaphone was published during the Second World War in June 1943. It’s purpose was to keep members serving in the armed forces informed about what was happening in the club. It also had news about members who were overseas. The newsletter was Len Tullett’s idea and he was the first editor. The Megaphone soon became eagerly looked forward to by members in the Army, Navy and Airforce, at home and abroad.
Only one copy of the Megaphone from the 1940s still exists, the issue for March 1945.